Room 4, Serenity House 3/762 Situated along Likuni Road
Care Signature Christian Homecare Services
Pentagon of Health Framework- empowering countries to provide safe, holistic healthcare.
Working alongside you to deliver the best care
CHC believe that QA/QI go hand in hand with mentorship “‘Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.’ CHC believes it can be more beneficial in the long run to teach a person how to do something than to do that something for them.
We want to work with stakeholders to deliver our mentorship and coaching program. Our mentors/coaches will work alongside the heads of departments to train them and teach them standards of care and how to implement policies, procedures and guidelines to ensure the health, safety and welfare of patients are at the heart of the health care they deliver.
There is a huge amount of value placed on effective mentorship and coaching in clinical practice, in clinical practice it is therefore essential that the experiences staff have support their ongoing development and guide them to achieving their clinical competencies and well as competencies within their designated role within a healthcare organization .
As a profession, nurses and midwives accept the responsibility for assuring the competence of its workforce to protect public safety, and the mentor plays a central role as a gatekeeper in this process. Our mentors take a lead in sharing practical and theoretical skills within the hospitals and work alongside the heads of department to improve clinical practices ,patient rights and implement a person-centred approach within a health care establishment.
Mentors aim to complete a 6-12 month program with staff within a hospital and this will be reviewed to see if the staff feel confident and competent within their role. The mentors assess the competencies and complete files and portfolios to ensure there is evidence-based practice and to recognize the development a manager has within a department.
Coaching is another key approaches through which leadership in organisations can be developed. It’s a method of deploying techniques embedded in artful questioning and appreciative inquiry to help leaders unlock their full potential to achieve personal and professional success. This approach aims to eliminate the challenges faced within weak leadership and strengthens teams and care delivery.
CHC recognise typical characteristics of ambiguity and uncertainty arise in the in the leadership space, and we believe coaching can achieve clarity and direction in an individuals role.
Whether as a one-to-one focused and bespoke relationship or within a group context, coaching is often perceived as the single most effective development intervention that a senior leader in an healthcare organisation can access.
Some of the areas mentors/coaches support with;
· the implementation of documentation to capture the rights/ needs and of clients.
· Support staff to develop a person-centred holistic health care approach.
· Implement practices in line with human rights act, National Institute for clinical excellence, National Midwifery Council, safeguarding practices and ensure there are designated safeguarding teams.
· Improve multi-disciplinary working
· Develop and enhance skills in areas such as infection control, data capture, client referrals, policy writing, recruitment and retention of staff teams, implement strong health and safety systems,
· Develop new skills in training/ assessment and evaluation
· Develop skills in research data capture and audit.
· Combine skills of other neighboring hospitals to multi-disciplinary work to meet the needs of patients who access health care establishments.
Building capacity, strengthening teams, enhancing knowledge to reach your goals an aspirations for a safe, quality driven healthcare organisation.
Schedule online. It's easy, fast and secure.